It's time to honour and recognise our wonderful volunteers. On 31st May 2016, Voluntary Support North Surrey, Royal Holloway University of London and Runnymede Borough Council will be hosting joint annual awards ceremony at the Royal Holloway, University of London. The awards this year are very generously being sponsored by British Airways.
We would now like you to nominate one or more of your valued volunteers for these awards which will be given in the following categories:
· British Airways Award for Lifetime Achievement in Volunteering
· Inspirational Volunteer Award
· Individual Volunteer Achievement Award
· Voluntary Contribution to Older People’s Services Award
· Voluntary Contribution to Health Services Award
· Environmental Volunteer Award
· Young Volunteer Award (up to the age of 24)
· Leadership in the Community Award
· Best Volunteer Team Award
· Business Contribution to the Community Award
You may notice that this year we have introduced a new category of ‘Best Volunteer Team’ as last year you told us that it would be nice to be able to recognise whole teams of volunteers rather than just individuals.
The panel judging the nominees will include the Mayor of Runnymede, Cllr Alan Alderson, Phil Simcock, Community Action Volunteer Manager at Royal Holloway University of London, Arthur Birkby, Chairman of Voluntary Support North Surrey, a representative from British Airways and possibly one from health in Runnymede.
To make your nominations for each of the award categories please use our online form.
On the form please provide details in 300 words or less about the person or team being nominated outlining the reasons why they have been outstanding as volunteers. The closing date for nominations is Wednesday 4th May 2016.
If you need help completing the form, please contact the Voluntary Support North Surrey office on 01932 571122. Please feel free to forward this email to anyone in the Borough that may be interested in nominating a volunteer.